Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault on Asaheim

2 posters

Go down

Assault on Asaheim Empty Assault on Asaheim

Post by Ketran Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

A story not intended to rival comingdarknesses' it tells the tale of a closely fought battle upon the Space Wolf Chapter Planet Fenris.

Any Sane member of the inquisition would think after the death of both the arch arsonist of Charadon and the mighty warlord Ghazghkull Thraka, the Orks would be leaderless and without morale. They were wrong...

It was upon the smog choked deserts of Armageddon that Commissar Yarrick finally brought the killing blow to Ghazghkull Thraka. A swift stab with his combat knife to the green behemoths brain brought him tumbling to the ground creating fissures as the sheer bulk cracked the earth beneath. Amazing how even after the imperial leaders power claw had been torn from his torso how he brought peace to such a tyrant.

And such a victory was almost outmatched by the work of the Salamanders 1st company. The finest vanguard veterans brought death to the inferno crazed warlord ironically with a conflagration of their own. Portable flamers have now reached standard issue in the mighty chapter.

But there was one deadly mistake that the Imperium overlooked, a mistake that would bring hell to the planet of Fenris. It is known in the logs of Orkoid xenos that Ork reproduction is asexual, meaning when an Ork reaches its end it releases thousands of spores to create Algae, Grots and even more Orks. It was when these titans fell that the spores were released, and no ordinary spores these were the children of the mightiest Orks in the galaxy. Only ten Orks reached maturity from these spores, five for Ghazghkull and five for the Arch Arsonist.

These Orks were sons of Gods amongst Ork kultur and were given the finest equipment, servants and beer fungi that would kill even the strongest Nob. But their constitution remained adamant, these Orks were destined for greatness and so they would achieve in the dark days ahead. Each of the five ruled over the different Ork castes of Ork society. One for Lootas, One for Tankbustas, One for Kommandos, One for Stormboyz and One for Flash Gitz. This meaning the two assembling waaagghhss!! were without warlords a revolution in such a crude society.

Each of the two families were completely oblivious to each others existence, maybe it was fate that drew them both to Fenris, fate that made them join forces and fate that made them make planetfall on the Fenrisian tundra...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The waaagghhs!! to come would start in the north western region of the galaxy forming a wall of green flesh that would batter and beat all planets caught in its wake into submission. But it was only when the rampages came to Fenris did they turn an eye.

Date: 999.998.M41
2 Terra days before assault...

"What do you mean Scouts?! greenskins don't use scouts! they're barbaric and without tactics!" bellowed Logan Grimnar Great wolf of the Space Wolves. "I am only telling you what I have seen, this craft is far too ramshackle to be of any race other than that of Orkoids. Clearly the Orks have developed a sense of what the Administratum call 'low kunnin." the iron priest croaked calmly through his vox net.

"Are you telling me that I'm expected to look to the shadows for these savages?" Grimnar snarled with malice. "No these craft were clearly piloted by the lesser sub species 'Grots' we managed to shoot one down and we are certain an Ork raid is expected soon,"
"What of the rest of these scouts? did they escape?"
"I'm afraid so great wolf, my only advice is to bolster our defences and prepare for what could be the biggest assault in recorded history." The Great wolf put his shaggy head in his hands and stroked his beard, "Tell me priest, what exactly am I expecting here I need to know what to prepare and when."

Our long range sensors have detected two Ork waaagghhs!! enclosing on our position. Clearly these scouts came from at least one of them, although from the behavioural pattern of these two fleets it seems they have not noticed each other. Whether the Orks join forces is a mystery they have always been fickle." The priest laid out a graph and pointed to the positions of the two Ork fleets. "We believe this fleet," he gestured to the north of the planet. "Is being led by the sons of the recently fallen Ghazghkull Thraka. These however are the sons of the late Arch arsonist of Charadon," he pointed to the south west.

Grimnar raised his hand and barked "Wait, I though the Orks were finished, de-moralised and without leaders I thought this was all over."
The Iron priests visor dimmed, "It seems once again the Ecclesiarchy were wrong. They're stronger than ever only with a worse temper. We've tracked their movement for months it appears they are attacking any planet even primitive ones. We have two days to prepare for the worst evacuate the tribes to a safe area we can't lose our stock of warriors."

"If we approach the tribes in person our guise as the 'Sky Warriors' will be revealed our future marines will never be the same!"
"That is not important right now what is important is stopping our monastery from falling to their foul green hands."
Grimnar grasped his axe 'Morkai' and stood tall a giant in a chamber of his peers, "Very well priest I want you to awaken all the dreadnoughts that can be awoken, Put all reserve power to the turbo lasers and AA mounts, and feed my men the best mead and boar you can find. Bring me Wolf Priest Ulrik I require his council."
"It shall be done," The Iron priest replied, he turned and began barking orders through the vox net. Moments later the Monastery shook as legions of dreadnoughts began to stir and rise once again. The Iron priest turned for a moment and said "Bjorn is awake Great wolf, and we will certainly need him." The priest turned once again and vacated the room.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Assault on Asaheim Empty Re: Assault on Asaheim

Post by Ketran Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Apart from some punctuation and grammar errors, lore mistakes, and slightly cringeworthy speech I'm rather pleased I managed this, as young as I was back then.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DorianCreed Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 am

Honestly, this is pretty good. I've never been a major fan of the 40k lore, so I can't notice the mistakes, but I'll bet there are less than the Grey Knights codex, which in my mind makes this as good as official.
DorianCreed
DorianCreed
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketran Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Well thanks for the praise, I hope to one day undo the Wardian lore.
Ketran
Ketran
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum