Burnt Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imera Game

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Imera Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Imera Game

Post by Spiritcurse Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Imera Game - Page 2 13008510
Theme for the session. Hope you liked it!

[22:40] <@Spiritcurse> As the final intrusion program completes, the systems shut down entirely. You hear a faint hum as the lights switch off, followed by a chorus of confused shouts from the floor below. Time to leave. Thanfully, enough ambient light remains from the emergency lighting that navigating out shouldn't be too difficult.
[22:42] <Dorian> "Well, that was fun! Shall we?"
[22:43] <Dark> "Indeed. It seems we have outstayed our welcome here"
[22:43] <Dorian> "Well. Front door, back, or the enarest window?"
[22:44] <Dark> "You may decided. However bare in mind out last attempt to use somthing other than a door"
[22:45] <Dorian> "Ok, then. Hmm... I vote roof-top fire escape. And knock out the guard here."
[22:45] <@Spiritcurse> You notice a play of red and blue light from the window, most likely a police car. The light is not bright, suggesting a single car, possibly two.
[22:46] <Dark> "I wonder how they were informed"
[22:46] <Dorian> "My bet is silent alarm. Roof now!"
[22:47] <Dorian> With that, I run for the stairs, aiming for the roof.
[22:48] <@Spiritcurse> The stairs are unoccupied, though incredibly dark - the emergency lighting doesn't extend to the stairwell. You manage to make it to the roof, finding it much the same as it was when you entered.
[22:49] <Dorian> I glance around for a fire escape.
[22:49] <Dark> "we should not linger. this is hardily the ideal situation to be introduced to local inforcment"
[22:50] <@Spiritcurse> The fire escape is on the north side of the building, and looks to lower into a park. Given the time of night, you doubt the park is occupied.
[22:51] <Dark> "Ideal" i blink
[22:52] <Dorian> "Damn right, there. Now, away!" I smile, and run for the fire escape, making my way down it as fast as I can.
[22:53] <@Spiritcurse> The escape clanks loudly as you climb, but attracts no undue attention.
[22:53] <Dark> I pause at the top, running calculations before following, keeping my guns ready as i advance at a speed for optimul response time
[22:54] <@Spiritcurse> The park is surprisingly out of place - a green zone amid the steel and glass of the city. Even the cameras seem to be absent, allowing you a safe entrance to the park. The bushes nearby indicate that somebody has passed through recently, presumably in a hurry or scared.
[22:55] <Dark> "I allways admired these areas...since seeing them in programming"
[22:56] <Dorian> I slow to a steady walk, and straighten my tie, attempting to look inconspicuous. "Well, that's good to know.
[22:57] <Dorian> "
[22:57] <Dark> I lower my guns as i walk over to the bushes, my eyes blinking as i examin them
[22:59] <@Spiritcurse> You spot a mobile phone face up in the mud. The screen flashes a low battery warning every few seconds, and doesn't respond to key presses.
[23:00] <Dark> I pick it up and place it in my pocket before standing and following after another quick look around
[23:00] <@Spiritcurse> A glance reveals nothing of interest other than a gang of teenagers. Judging by the needles and bottles around them, they seem unlikely to provide much useful conversation.
[23:01] <Dorian> "Well, they seem... nice."
[23:01] <Dark> "Amount of laws broken...enough for arrest. however, that does not seem to be a top priority right now"
[23:02] <@Spiritcurse> One of the teens seems different from the rest - while most are laughing and talking animatedly, he slumps against a tree, eyes closed and twitching occasionally.
[23:03] <Dorian> "He looks well."
[23:03] <@Spiritcurse> None of the others pay much attention, but they do show some measure of respect; he is given space and avoided being trodden on.
[23:04] <Dark> "The silent leader..."
[23:05] <Dorian> "Think he needs a quick slap?"
[23:06] <Dark> "Do you think that we should be bothered with them? the police are in the area remember"
[23:07] <Dorian> "You, sir, have a very good point. Now, away!"
[23:07] <Dark> i say nothing as I blink a couple more times, saving their images onto my databank
[23:09] <Dorian> I take one last glance at the leader before frowning and walking away.
[23:11] <Dark> I blink a couple of time before following
[23:11] <@Spiritcurse> The security has settled down by now, still unaware of the intrusion. The police car is marked with a blue X on a white background, but is empty. Walking past it to the noodle bar should be safe.
[23:12] <Dorian> I smile to myself and wander nonchalantly past the police car, now in high spirits.
[23:12] <@Spiritcurse> You garner no particular attention crossing the road, in part due to the fact that it's devoid of life.
[23:15] <Dark> "We should report the mission. the sooner its over the better"
[23:16] <Dorian> "Your point, it is good. So, you first."
[23:18] <Dark> I nod before leading the way
[23:18] <Dorian> I smile to myself, and follow.
[23:19] <@Spiritcurse> You turn left back into the alley, and soon find yourself at the entrance to the noodle bar. The smells coming from a vent remind you of quite how long it's been since you ate.
[23:20] <Dorian> "Dayumn. Those noodles be smellin' good!"
[23:21] <Dark> "I wouldnt be able to comment"
[23:21] <Dorian> "You do not know what you are missing, my friend."
[23:21] <Dorian> I take my hat off as I enter, grinning ever wider.
[23:21] <Dark> "I do. food"
[23:22] <Dorian> "This isn't just food. This, my friend, is the most glorious of foodstuffs, Ramen. Nothing quite like it."
[23:23] <@Spiritcurse> The inside is typical of underground bars - dark, smokey, and packed full. Two figures seem to attract your attention: Markus in one corner, and an asian man in a suit sat next to what appears to be a hooker in the opposite corner. You can almost cut the tension with a monofilament.
[23:24] <Dorian> "Wow. Not a good place to be, then." I say, as I glance from one to the other.
[23:24] <@Spiritcurse> Markus glances at you, nodding before returning to his meal.
[23:24] <Dark> "He seems to be as laid back as last time"
[23:25] <Dorian> "Not supprised. Dude knows what he's doing: Relax, and stuff is generally easier."
[23:26] <Dark> I say nothing as i look around the bar, blinking repeatidly
[23:27] <Dorian> "Ah, whatever." I say, as I wander over towards Markus.
[23:28] <@Spiritcurse> You reach Markus safely, who gestures for you to sit down. He leads towards you, and mutters. "Look, shit's about to go down. We'll talk afterwards, aye. See that man there with the laptop?"
[23:28] <Dorian> I glance over, "Yeah?"
[23:28] <Dark> I follow his gaze and blink at the man
[23:30] <@Spiritcurse> "He's big. Goes by 'Antares' most of the time. He meets with someone, it's because something big is happening. And that asian fellow over there, he's dangerous."
[23:32] <Dorian> "So, what we've got is someone important meeting someone dangerous. Meaning trouble, am I right?"
[23:32] <@Spiritcurse> "Now, I don't know if you've noticed, but eighty percent of the people in this room are packing heat. The rest are probably carrying something I can't scan for."
[23:33] <@Spiritcurse> "And yes, lots of trouble. Because if you two do as you're told in the next five minutes, one or both of those men will be dead. Got it?"
[23:34] <Dorian> I look at him, and smile, "How dead do you need?"
[23:34] <@Spiritcurse> "Ideally, dead enough that he won't mind me taking his data chip, and he won't mind you taking all of his money." He points at the hacker and the asian in turn with his chopsticks.
[23:35] <Dorian> "So, what, very?"
[23:35] <Dark> "Why should we? Killing more people becuase you tell us to"
[23:36] <Dorian> "Because money, robot, now shut up."
[23:36] <@Spiritcurse> "Because I'm not the only one who wants that chip, or that money. Soon as he finishes that program, everybody's gonna draw. And of course, he's oblivious to all this shit."
[23:36] <Dorian> "Hmm... I may have an idea..."
[23:36] <Dorian> I take a long look around the room.
[23:37] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah? If it's 'try not to get shot' I'm way ahead of you."
[23:37] <Dorian> "Slightly better than that, methinks. It will require some luck, however."
[23:38] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, just make sure I get that chip. And ideally, no bullet holes in me."
[23:39] <Dorian> "Ok, then. One quick question: Maximum accepted colateral?"
[23:39] <@Spiritcurse> "Not me, not you, not robot."
[23:40] <Dorian> "So, the bar means not much, I'm guessing?"
[23:40] <@Spiritcurse> "Addendum. My dinner."
[23:40] <@Spiritcurse> "Nah, burn the place down for all I care. Which would be a trick, considering your weaponry."
[23:41] <Dorian> "Fair enough. You may want to be ready to move your food and cover yourself under the table. Also, tricks are what I do best."
[23:41] <Dorian> I grin widely at him, "And you're gonna love this one."
[23:41] <Dark> "I stand and shoot and dont get hurt back much"
[23:41] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm no beginner to this, I'm ready to move. And this had better be good."
[23:41] <Dorian> "Don't worry, it will be."
[23:42] <@Spiritcurse> Markus reaches into his suit pocket, withdrawing a stealth pistol. He pulls out the magazine, inserting what looks to be a customised one. "Ready."
[23:42] <Dark> I slowly produce my own "Seems i have no choice"
[23:43] <@Spiritcurse> "You've always got a choice, remember. But some get you shot by nasty noodle eating asians."
[23:43] <Dorian> I sit next to him, and draw my pistol, aiming it slyly yet carefully at noone in particular. "Choices, and decisions. Ready to kick things off?"
[23:44] <Dark> I blink
[23:44] <@Spiritcurse> "Always." The hacker sits back, cracking his knuckles and hitting a key. A chip is ejected slowly from the laptop.
[23:45] <Dark> I seem to make a decision finaly and nod
[23:45] <Dorian> "Now!" I smile, and pull the trigger.
[23:47] <@Spiritcurse> Almost in slow motion, a man on the opposite side of the room explodes in the distinctive roar of a fragmentation grenade.
[23:48] <@Spiritcurse> The shrapnel tears through the bar, killing at least 5 and injuring many more. The hacker is ripped apart by simultaneous uzi fire from the room, as almost everyone pulls a gun. Markus flips the table, crouching behind it and aiming for the lights.
[23:48] <Dorian> "Well, that worked!" I say, as I duck behind the table.
[23:49] <Dark> i crouch behind him, fireing a couple of shots as i do
[23:50] <@Spiritcurse> The shots blow apart a few bottles behind the bar, spreading alcohol through the building. One also rips through the neck of a woman, dropping her instantly.
[23:51] <Dark> "Unfortunate..."
[23:52] <@Spiritcurse> "You'll like this." Markus fires a trio of shots at the lights. Two miss, but the third impacts solidly, causing a surge of electricity to blow out the lights. You are left in almost total chaos, the only illumination coming from constant muzzle flashes.

Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

https://burntlegion.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

[20:46] <@Spiritcurse> Marius whirls around the corner, obviously startled by something, and almost collides with the two of you. Behind him, a heavily armoured policeman with a full facial mask raises a gun, and asks in a calm voice "I'll ask again. Who are you?".
[20:46] <%Dorian> "What, him or us?"
[20:46] <%Karkhan> "I think he means me"
[20:47] <@Spiritcurse> "All of you." He raises his voice slightly, and pointedly aims the gun at Marius' head.
[20:48] <%Karkhan> "do I really look the most lethal of this group? look at him!" I gesture at the robot
[20:48] <%Dorian> "Well, I can't say that was unexpected. I'm Mr. Smith." I smile slightly at the anonymity in my name.
[20:48] <%Dark> I tilt my head and step forwad "My name is ACADU unit 105, I have authority"
[20:48] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay, ID from each of you. Why are you here at such an early hour?"
[20:49] <%Dorian> I sigh, and take out my ID, handing it over, "That should be explanation enough."
[20:50] <@Spiritcurse> He looks at it for a few seconds, before chuckling and throwing it back. "I didn't expect to see one of your lot here. This is a Paragon operation, I'd advise you to leave. The 'bot yours?"
[20:51] <%Dark> I nod before holding up my hand, a flash of light showing the ingraving of my serial number and registartion as well as a seal of galactic ingorcment to show my authority
[20:51] <%Dark> "I am not theres. I am an independent law enforcment unit"
[20:52] <@Spiritcurse> "Bounty hunter? Enoch is not going to be pleased. Why you running with him?" He jerks a thumb at Mr Smith.
[20:52] <%Dorian> I catch the ID, "Hey, don't look at me, we get bounty hunters to work with us from time to time."
[20:53] <%Dark> "Events have lead to it. It was neither planned nor optimal yet it was requred"
[20:53] <%Dorian> "That too."
[20:53] <@Spiritcurse> "Well, good on you. But still, this is our op, clear off. Unless you want to help, I suppose."
[20:53] <%Karkhan> "what is the op exactly?"
[20:53] <%Dorian> "What you up to? Helping out a fellow in the business is always good for PR."
[20:54] <@Spiritcurse> "Told you a second ago, smuggler's gonna be turning up in a while, and we're to make sure he doesn't leave."
[20:55] <%Dorian> "Well. Seems like it'd be good for everyone involved. Sure, I'll help."
[20:55] <@Spiritcurse> "Right, you armed?"
[20:55] <%Dorian> "What do you think?"
[20:56] <%Dark> "I am here to assist local enforcment where it is needed" I blink
[20:56] <%Karkhan> "no, nope I'm just a highly suspious looking pacafist"
[20:56] <@Spiritcurse> "You'd be a fool not to be. Right, we could do with another sniper, a pilot, and probably a hacker. Any of you think you can manage that?"
[20:57] <%Karkhan> "I can deal with the hacker"
[20:57] <%Dorian> "I can do co-pilot, to an extent."
[21:00] <@Spiritcurse> "Got it. In that case, you get somewhere comfortable, and you'll probably want to be on that crane." He gestures to Marius and Mr Smith in turn.
[21:01] <%Dorian> "Well, this might be fun." I grin, and wander off towards the crane, whistling as I go.
[21:01] <%Dark> I draw both my guns and move to stand beside her, blinking several times
[21:01] <%Karkhan> I stroll back towards the ship already docked here
[21:04] <@Spiritcurse> "As for you, ACADU, you'll probably want to stick with one of the others, save them from a case of lead poisoning."
[21:05] <%Dark> "My primary objective is now the protection of law enforcment. Not some hackers and rogues that I have met on the way"
[21:05] <@Spiritcurse> "We're not the law. We're probably the next best thing though."
[21:06] <%Dark> "That is acceptable"
[21:07] <@Spiritcurse> "In that case, hang about, try not to die."
[21:07] <%Dark> "I belive the term is 'No shit Sherlok'"
[21:08] <@Spiritcurse> "Less of your cheek, we're about to get shot at. Look up."
[21:09] <@Spiritcurse> A helicopter is approaching, although at a fairly low angle - it appears about to land.
[21:09] <%Dark> "Possible hostile units embound. Activating combat systerm and protical"
[21:11] <@Spiritcurse> The soldier laughs slightly, raising their own rifle and sighting down it.
[21:12] <@Spiritcurse> The helicopter looks seconds away from landing, and the loud chopping makes conversation, or even concentrating, rather difficult. A shot now would be easy to make.
[21:15] <%Dark> "Engage?"
[21:15] <@Spiritcurse> "Yep, you ready?" She raises a radio and gestures for you to nod once you've taken aim.
[21:17] <%Dark> I raise my guns and narrow my eyes before giving a slight nod
[21:18] <@Spiritcurse> She barks into her radio, and the dockyard bursts into life.
[21:21] *** Karkhan quit (Quit: HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- \o/)
[21:27] <%Dorian> I lay my hands on the controlls, poised and ready to grab the helicopter as soon as it lands.
[21:29] <@Spiritcurse> The soldiers lay down a hail of fire, smashing the windows of the helicopter out. Judging by the resistance it puts up, the windows are reinforced.
[21:31] <%Dark> I am silent as i begin shooting with my guns, a mix between actually trying to do somthing and simply doing it for effect
[21:36] <@Spiritcurse> One of the bullets trails through the remains of the front window, impacting solidly with the chest of the pilot. He slumps with a brief cry.
[21:37] <%Dark> "Pilot netulized"
[21:38] <@Spiritcurse> The helicopter's now sleek descent now slightly spoiled by the fact that the pilot is bleeding and vomiting all over the controls still results in a landing, and several men leap from the back. One immediately begins running for the exit, while the others raise guns. You hear a scream as a man is dragged from the back by another armed smuggler.
[21:40] <%Dorian> I smile, "Showtime!" The controls dancing inexpertly under my hands, the crane shoots forward and graps at the now landed helicopter, aiming to grap the tail and, if possible, one of the main blades.
[21:45] <@Spiritcurse> You manage to pin the helicopter, lifting it a few metres into the air.
[21:59] <%Dorian> Grinning, I pull out a machine pistol and level it at the helicopter, waiting for anyone to exit the vehicle.
[21:59] <@Spiritcurse> The 'copter is most likely empty now, and you doubt you could take out the man holding the hostage from this range with a machine pistol.
[22:02] <@Spiritcurse> The Paragon soldiers don't seem to have expected the hostage, and hold their fire, each aiming for a different one.
[22:02] <%Dark> "Hostage is of a valible nature?"
[22:03] <@Spiritcurse> "We don't know, but I'm not letting a hostage die."
[22:04] <%Dark> "Of course. Primary objective changed. Secure the safty of hostage"
[22:05] <@Spiritcurse> "Yep, THEN kill all of them. You got that? Or, I suppose, negotiate."
[22:06] <%Dark> "ACADU combat rules often lay out negotiate as quote 'fill the hostiles with many many many bullets and then arrest'. Unless ordered otherwise"
[22:06] <@Spiritcurse> "I like your style. Let's roll."
[22:07] <%Dark> "Affermative"
[22:07] <%Dorian> "Wait, we're moving? Noone told me!"
[22:08] <@Spiritcurse> "We're going to try his style. You got a gun? Or hell, an IFF sensor?"
[22:09] <%Dorian> "Former, take a look" I wave the machine pistol, "Latter, I'm not thick. You're in awesome armor, he's a robot, I'm in a goddamn pinstriped suit. They aren't."
[22:09] <@Spiritcurse> "I meant check the hostage, see where he's from."
[22:10] <%Dark> "It would be preferable to have an ID on the hostage"
[22:10] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, we've got nothing. Paragon figured that guns, armour and our... other stuff would be enough to keep us going."
[22:11] <%Dark> "Other stuff?"
[22:12] <%Dorian> "Yeah, good question."
[22:12] <@Spiritcurse> "Experimental tech. Hopefully it won't be needed."
[22:12] <%Dorian> "Ah. The stupid stuff."
[22:13] <@Spiritcurse> "Yeah, seems to be a tradition. Send us to the crime scene to test out the tech."
[22:13] <%Dark> "Once the hostage is secure you shall be free to test all the 'tech' you wish"
[22:14] <%Dorian> "Don't let them use the stupid stuff! That crap always goes wrong!"]
[22:14] <@Spiritcurse> "Excellent." The helipad is slightly raised above a few crates, so if you wanted to get closer without being seen, you could probably make it.
[22:15] <%Dorian> I glance over to the helipad and the hostages, "Well, what're we going to do, then?"
[22:15] <@Spiritcurse> "Rescue that guy, then start testing."
[22:15] <%Dark> "Affermative. Primary objective: Hostage. Secondary: designationg testing 'fun'"
[22:16] <@Spiritcurse> "Excellent. Core, you got a bead on the guy?"
[22:17] <@Spiritcurse> After a few seconds, she nods and says "Right, we're good. You two ready?"
[22:17] <%Dark> "Affremative"
[22:18] <%Dorian> "I'm good with whatever, whenever."
[22:21] <%Dark> "Advance" I say as I jog towards the crates, keeping low so as to avoid being seen
[22:22] <%Dorian> I climb out of the crane and follow, checking the clip on my gun.
[22:22] <@Spiritcurse> The gun is full and ready, with the safety wisely deactivated.
[22:24] <@Spiritcurse> You get against the helipad, but judging by the clanks, have probably been heard.
[22:24] <%Dark> I raise my hand and gesture for the others to remain hidden given my give away noise
[22:25] <%Dorian> "Goddamn it, robot, you need padded feet." I growl quietly as I catch up to ACADU, my expresion now serious.
[22:26] <%Dark> "I gestured for you to remain hidden. I was going to draw them away with distraction monova 21"
[22:26] <@Spiritcurse> A couple of the paragon soldiers take up stealthed positions, while another stands on a crate, holding up a megaphone.
[22:29] <@Spiritcurse> "RELEASE THE HOSTAGE, AND AT LEAST THREE OF YOU WILL LEAVE ALIVE."
[22:31] <%Dark> "Terms: unacceptable. Begin ACADU negotiations" I then abruptly swing around and fire
[22:34] <%Dorian> "What!? No, this one's mine!" I jump out under the guns and make a dash for the helipad steps.
[22:37] <@Spiritcurse> He is answered by an immediate hail of bullets, but you manage to jerk out of the way just in time. Your suit, however, is not so lucky, and takes minor damage.
[22:38] <%Dorian> "Oh, you are so fucking dead!"
[22:43] <@Spiritcurse> One of the injured men cries out, dropping to the ground and bleeding heavily from the neck. About a second later, a loud crack rings out, and one of the friendly soldiers mutters "Nice one Core" into a radio.
[22:47] <%Dark> I level my guns at the one not holding the hostage "Lay down you're weapons and cease this violence"
[22:48] <@Spiritcurse> "I will if you will." The three survivors move to be on the other side of the helicopter to where the sniper shot from.
[22:49] <%Dark> "Cease your movement. I am a unit of the intergalactic police, you have my word that should you lay down your arms now you will be given a fair trail for your crimes"
[22:51] <@Spiritcurse> "You've got no power here! This system hasn't seen outsiders in decades." They continue to move, obviously terrified of the sniper.
[22:51] <%Dorian> I turn and level my machine pistol at them, "Well, you've had banks for a time, haven't you?"
[22:52] <%Dark> "Cease your movments now"
[22:52] <@Spiritcurse> "Yes, and? The soldiers are Paragon, not Zentra." They stop, now comfortably in the shadow.
[22:53] <%Dorian> "And that makes you think I am?"
[22:53] <@Spiritcurse> "You're working together now? Since when?"
[22:54] <%Dorian> "Since I found out about your past, that's when. Noone leaves Zentra."
[22:54] <@Spiritcurse> "What? No, there's been a mistake, I didn't leave."
[22:56] <%Dorian> "Well, the up-to-date database I've got says you did. Coincidence?"
[22:56] <@Spiritcurse> "Could have been hacked, probably by that guy." He points to one of the paragon soldiers behind you.
[23:00] <%Dorian> "Well, one phone call can fix this. Name?"
[23:00] <@Spiritcurse> "I think not."
[23:01] <%Dorian> I level my gun at his head, "Name?"
[23:02] <%Dark> "Perhaps we should discuss this once the hostage has been secured and weapons removed" I say, my voice lowered in vomun
[23:02] <%Dark> volumn*
[23:03] <%Dorian> I smile, "Well, I may now have your name, Lonny."
[23:03] <@Spiritcurse> He snatches for your gun, twisting aside as he does so. However, he fails to break your grip.
[23:04] <%Dorian> I sigh, reach inside my jacket, and pull another gun out, leveling at his head again. "Let go."
[23:04] <%Dark> I aim my guns again "Again. Surrender. Immidiatly"
[23:05] <@Spiritcurse> He reaches inside his own jacket with his other hand, pulling out a knife and pointing it at first at the robot, then at the man, then sighing and dropping it.
[23:06] <%Dark> "Your choice is the correct one"
[23:06] <@Spiritcurse> The injured man looks white, either out of fear or blood loss, but most likely a bit of both. He starts to back away.
[23:07] <%Dark> I walk over to him and level the gun at him "Stay" before turning towrds the hostage
[23:08] <@Spiritcurse> He freezes, turning back to you, pulling out his own gun and pressing it against the back of your head.
[23:08] <%Dorian> "Good man." I smile, and twist my gun out of his hand. I then aim this first gun at the man aiming at ACADU.
[23:09] <%Dark> I raise my guns towards the man aiming at me, keeping the other one at the injured man on the floor
[23:09] <@Spiritcurse> The man holding the hostage pulls out a knife, holding it against the other hostage. His other hand pulls out a gun, pointing it at Mr Smith.
[23:10] <%Dorian> I grin. "Stalemate."
[23:10] <%Dark> I move the gun pointing at the injured man to aim towards him
[23:11] <@Spiritcurse> "At some point, we're going to have to fire." The injured man says.
[23:14] <@Spiritcurse> The man who'd dropped his knife earlier slowly picks it off the floor, and readies it to throw at the ACADU.
[23:14] <%Dorian> "Indeed." I grin, and sight down the gun aimed at the injured man, lining up the iron sights with his head. "This might just go badly, and not for us."
[23:15] <@Spiritcurse> "I'm guessing at least four of us will die."
[23:15] <%Dorian> "True. ACADU, you got the guy with the hostage?"
[23:15] <%Dark> "I calculate none will leave uninjured and four will die
[23:16] <@Spiritcurse> "You can have the hostage, we get to leave unharmed. Deal?"
[23:16] <@Spiritcurse> "And we get to keep the cargo in the chopper."
[23:17] <%Dorian> "This sounds good for us. However, Mr. Syn here will have to come with me, and I doubt the Paragon guys down there will be that happy."
[23:17] <%Dark> "You proposition is acceptable"
[23:18] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay, back off, and drop the guns."
[23:18] <%Dorian> "Yeah, no. Backing off will be done all at once, and I am not dropping my guns."
[23:19] <@Spiritcurse> "Okay." They back off very slowly, not once dropping their aim, and dragging the hostage with them.
[23:19] <%Dark> "Hostage is to remain in place!" I bark, switching both guns towards the one dragging him
[23:19] <%Dorian> I begin to back off, keeping my guns trained mainly on the injured man and the one I refered to as 'Lonny'
[23:21] <@Spiritcurse> The one dragging the hostage nods, kicking his hostage to the floor. He mutters into a throat mic "Byte, get the crane off".
[23:21] <@Spiritcurse> The crane lowers the helicopter to the ground before releasing it and powering down.
[23:22] <%Dorian> "And there's where you went wrong." I smile a humorless smile, and, bracing myself, pull the triggers on both my machine pistols.
[23:24] <%Dark> As i pick up the sound of gun fire i spin one of my guns from the man that was carrying the hostage to one of the men beside him, keeping the first gun on the first man
[23:27] <@Spiritcurse> The injured man is ripped apart before he has chance to scream, his blood decorating the floor.
[23:28] <@Spiritcurse> The other man similarly dies, but not before his finger has chance to squeeze on the trigger. Blood blooms on Mr Smith's neatly ironed shirt.
[23:29] <%Dorian> The smile frozen on my face, I colapse to the ground, blood seeping out thanks to my still-living heart beat.
[23:35] <%Dark> As the sudden weapons free situation floods the area with the sound of gun fire, i open fire out of impulse, one of my guns missing wise whilst the other hits the man that had been dragging the hostage across the chest, hurling him backwards
[23:40] <%Dark> As sudden silce falls across the area, I pause and blink as I look around the dead and KO'd
[23:41] <%Dark> "That was....interesting" I say before beginning to collect those that arnt dead

Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritcurse Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Holy shit I'm not dead!

Imera Game - Page 2 Cybern10

Recently found that program I was working on kicking about in a long forgotten directory. Done some more work on it, as you can see. Data jungle's now a little more jungly, with the walls having both a random height and a random start point. I say that, it's still a multiple of 32 in the code. That big blue thing is a data fortress, they're all hand-designed, and typically get harder as you go on. However, they also contain delicious data packets, so... I'm working on linking them to the types - I want a military node to be rough and well guarded, while a camera node to be fairly small, with detection ICE over damaging ICE.

The red thing is still the cyberdeck, your entry point. Also new in this release, roofs! They... they don't really do anything, what with the lack of rain in cyberspace. The canny among you will have noticed the new type of program being launched in the middle there. That's used for breaking past firewalls, at a hefty cost of energy. For those who can't be arsed solving my puzzles, there's usually the option to burn a little energy and crack the firewall.

I'm still hunting for ideas, so anything you can throw my way will be added to my incredibly efficient filing systems (post-it notes), and dealt with as the importance dictates (when I feel in an X-coding mood. Protip: graphics, never). Additional bonus points go to those who can offer skills, graphics, coding, or even willingness to learn to code, because it's a shit ton of work doing, and not so much teaching.

And why is this in the gaming thread? Because I'm considering restarting this campaign, skipping some intro, and getting straight to the cool shit. I've got a homebrew system, which I'll be printing and bringing to town soonish, for anybody interested. Rather not stick it online, because it changes almost daily now. I'll be running on IRC, whatever nights enough people turn up and have nothing better to do. Give me a yell if you want in.

And why is this in the log-posting thread? Because, that's why.
Spiritcurse
Spiritcurse
Demi-Assassin
Demi-Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: